POSITION TITLE: SOCIAL IMPACT ANALYST
The current market for social investment is a remarkable convergence of governments, global bodies, financial institutions, foundations and social purpose organisations. Founded in 2004, Investing for Good is a dynamic company at the forefront of this movement, recognised by its peers for developing practical tools and systems that both track impact performance and formally integrate impact analysis into strategy and decision-making for investors and social purpose organisations. We have developed proprietary tools, methodologies and best practice guides and have a deep knowledge of the needs of social purpose organisations, intermediary organisations and socially motivated investors.
The combination of our market leading impact tools and methodology, coupled with our strong investor focus and pioneering social investment products set us apart from other firms. We have worked with most of the UK’s leading social investment names, including Big Society Capital, the Social Investment Business, Charity Bank and Big Issue Invest.
The current market for social investment presents exciting opportunities for Investing for Good and we are looking for an analyst to support us on both our impact evaluations and our investment advisory. The analyst will work closely with our Social Impact Manager and our Investment Advisory team on their respective projects with the aim of becoming independent on client project deliveries.
Job Title: Social Impact Analyst
Reports to: Chief Executive
Location: London, with flexible working arrangements
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract: 1 year, with the goal of extension to permanent employment
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful applicant will be expected to contribute to all aspects of the firm’s work. An overview of key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
The main responsibility of the Social Impact Analyst will be to execute and deliver consulting engagements for clients, on two main topics:
- Impact evaluation: this work will include the implementation of impact measurement solutions for clients (running Theory of Change workshops, designing data collection tools, training organisations on impact, implementing data collection systems), analysis of impact data results and production of impact reports; creation and implementation of project timelines and schedules.
- Capital Raising: supporting IFG’s work in the design and implementation of investment vehicles and structures for social purpose clients, such as blended capital funds and social bonds; this may include financial modelling, approaches to investors and impact management/reporting.
The distribution of the work among those two areas will vary depending on current demand, but the allocation of work is expected to be ca. 70% impact evaluation and 30% investment advisory.
- Develop proposals for new business opportunities as the need arises.
- Management of and engagement with existing and new client relationships; facilitating meetings and ongoing dialogues with both investors and social purpose organisations regarding their impact-related needs.
- Collaborating with other team members on product development, project design and management
- Supporting marketing initiatives, particularly social media and online presence
- Participation in sector events, forums and conferences
- International and national travel as needed
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s desirable in related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in consulting; preferably within the field of impact evaluation. CSR and strategic consulting accepted if evidence of knowledge/interest of impact sector.
- Demonstrated commitment to the social sector and familiarity with social finance and social purpose organisations
- Experience of working with social sector organisations preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills: experience writing specialised reports and proposals valued, as well as carrying out workshops, trainings and presentations
- Interest and ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong time-management and multi-tasking abilities
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as collaborate with a small, close-knit group
- Flexible, creative, and patient individual with imagination, enthusiasm and a sense of humour and excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with impact measurement and evaluation & monitoring approaches valued
Please send a CV and cover letter by Friday 13th October to Velina Serafimov: firstname.lastname@example.org